Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Murphy

Murphy hates me. I know this to be true because yesterday I said how much fun I was having. Murphy cannot have that.

My mouse began to fail. I changed it to a back up. That one went all wiggly across the screen. Changed to the back up for the back up. Nup. Nothing doing and nothing happened.

So, I used the keyboard to struggle along. How many people actually remember pre-mouse days? I'm probably giving away too much there.

Anyway. I got jack of it and shut everything down.

Today, I duly went off and bought a new mouse. Ooooo... shiney. And slick and the mouse zooms around the screen like it's on crack. Happy day! And off I went. A late start because I have to drive nigh on thirty miles into town. But, no problem as long as the mouse works.

Murphy can't possibly allow that: severe thunderstorm warning for the area!

I'm watching the radar and Holy Moly! Look at that those red patches heading in my direction! The dog is twitching, too - a precursor to panic.

And so, after less than four hours writing, I have to shut everything down again, and unplug. Leaving stuff, even on standby, is an invitation to disaster during a thunderstorm. I'll back everything up first, though, just in case.

Tomorrow, when the weather clears I'm... no, better not say anything. Murphy won't like it...

No comments: