Sunday, November 25, 2007

Last Week

Well, the election has been won and lost. I only have two comments to make about the whole thing: Hallelujah, it's over; and how do the Americans put up with the advertising, bitching, counter-bitching for months, nay years? Six weeks was wa-ay long enough for me.

We're into the last five days of Nano, and I'm still motoring along. The guy has lost the girl due to some insecurities and a few judicious comments from a... wretched creature hell bent on getting someone else to end his existence.

The new bad guy is surprised by all three still being alive and is running out of time to hunt down the... things... he needs to ensure he has a new lease on life.

The bad news is I don't think I'll be able to finish this book with another fifty to sixty thousand more to write. The good news, or sort of good news, is that I've worked out a way to turn these two books into more than... two books; there could be three more after these.

I have a surprise conclusion to this one, much like the first book, only... nope, can't give away the ending, but sometimes, heroes do stupid things.

What I like about writing these two is that the characters are telling the story; they're as surprised by events as I am - which sounds a little odd, but that's what writing without an outline means.

So, onward and upward in the word count...

No comments: