Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Nearly...

Late start today due to having to get it... ah, what's it called? Oh, yes food. Now, the shelves are stocked again, I don't need to waste any more time on the book.

My word count has slowed as a result and because of a need to do research on the run: things like how long it takes to get from Strasbourg to Berlin, what luxury hotels are there, whether there's such a thing as a handheld EMP emitter. You know, the usual.

It's a part of the fun of Nano, I guess, marking out the bit you need and setting the search engine to look while you're still writing.

But I'm up to an easier bit of the story mixed in with complications. You know, sex scenes boost the word count, but you've got to make sure it's appropriate. At least, I do. Now, our hero has discovered our heroine can heal rather quickly and it's put him offside.

What's a hero to do? Demand an explanation and the little woman give it? Nuh uh. None of his business and if he wants to take a hike, there's the door. She don't need nuffink from him; not even sex.

So, how can our hero convince her that a) she needs him, and b) he can help her?

Well, I think I'll let that stew overnight. The answer will appear by tomorrow. And I should reach the 50k mark in the afternoon/evening. It's all a matter of how much I can accomplish today. I don't want to leave myself too much to do - the more tired I get, the more dyslexic my fingers get.

No comments: