Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The end... but wait, there's more

What an ending. Kind of unexpected but I knew... well, even the good guys manage to lose the bad guys.

The book came in at just over 130k. I'm not worried, there are chunks, chunks I tell you that can be deleted - they're just... um, not as important as some of the other stuff. Then there are the bits I'll have to expand on, description in particular, which I'm not so good at.

I'll leave it to stew for a month or so.

In the meantime, I've got to get on with the sequel. Yes, indeedy. While Knight Stalker doesn't end on a cliffhanger, there's an ongoing plot thread that deserves a book of its own.

And so, I'm plunging into Knight Hunter. While in the first book, Dominica has to stop a madman from creating more 'immortals', in the second one, she has to stop one Knight from starting a nuclear war, and another from picking up where Rafe left off: creating more 'immortals'. I've even got a surprise or two up my very short sleeve (summer's arrived with a vengeance).

By golly, by crikey, this writing gig is fun. Who wouldn't want to do it?

No comments: