Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Three days of not much

The long weekend is over and, writing wise, very little was achieved. I've also discovered that I really don't like not having the internet available when I want it.

I managed to write nearly two thousand words on Sunday, but on Monday deleted most of it, because it all truly sucked.

I find it hard to concentrate when the house is full of people. I'm one of those writers who cannot stand to have someone peering over my shoulder, trying to read as I write. I can't do it. People - read: family - are interested and intrigued, I get that, but I'm forever glancing around to see if anyone's lurking.

It breaks my concentration, my mood and creates a definite frustration level that isn't easily smoothed out. Trouble is, I persist with the writing, determined to write at least something.

The time frame I had to write dwindled way too fast for me.

If I'm to complete the PBW challenge, I'm going to have to create some significant me time out of family time. I can see it's only going to get worse when the November challenge comes along.

Sigh. Somedays, I wonder if it's worth all the aggravation. Then I think, yep. To achieve what I'm aiming for, you've got to take the good with the bad.

I want some peace and quiet to work, I want for people to not be so demanding, and I want my internet back on! Oh, and I really need some more sleep.

It's nice to have visitors, but I've cooked and cleaned and entertained and cleaned some more and cooked a lot and conversed and soothed an obstreperous five-year-old and it seemed I had no time to myself to do what I had already planned.

This coming weekend, I will finish this challenge, damnit and if people get in my way, tough! There. I have a plan and I'm not afraid to use it!

1 comment:

Gabriele Campbell said...

I'm one of those writers who cannot stand to have someone peering over my shoulder, trying to read as I write.

Oh yes, I harbour thoughts of muder and mutilation if people do that. :)