Friday, September 29, 2006

Busy

Damn, I've been flat out like a lizard drinkin'.

Coming up is a long weekend - Labour Day. But my planned three days of writing has gone into the crapper. Family is coming, and it's the beginning of the school holidays.

For me, that's meant extra housework when I get home from the day job (my idea of cleaning is to give a room a sweeping glance). Usually, I do it on Saturday, but we are being descended upon tonight.

I haven't had time to even look at my PBW challenge stuff at work because one of my colleagues decided to have a couple of days off, leaving two of us to deal with the public and their demands. Sigh. I'm sneaking this in while the other worker has gone to lunch.

I'm going to try to escape the children on Sunday, though; it's going to be a gorgeous day, so maybe they'll head to the beach for a few hours.

I'm going to set aside the shorter novella I've started in favour of enlarging a short story. I've got some ideas to hide the perpetrator better now that I'll have extra words. I can throw in a couple more characters, too, more world building and a an extra twist or two.

Exciting stuff for me, but of course I can't do anything until I'm left in peace. It's tough being a popular aunt, but what the hell. I'll take 'em shopping tomorrow, tire them out and have the evening for writing. Hah! Now there's a plan.

No comments: