Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Que?

Okay, weirdness, but it Halloween so I guess it's par for the course - and to scare the tripe outta me.

Tried to link with the sidebar to the website with the freebie, you know, to make it easier to find the site. I can tell you that the cold splash of fear across my skin was icy! I had obviously done something and now the website was giving me a hotlink message everytime I tried to download Daystrider! WTF??! Self-flagellation was happening, too. I shouldn't have touched it, I shouldn't have done that, or this, I should have left the damn thing alone! But, noooo I had to fiddle with it; try to lower the banner a bit so it doesn't cover the ads, maybe add a counter, pretty it up...

Once I took the link away from this site, the download on the website returned. Colour me relieved! It's working now.

I do fear that it will all go pearshaped once PBW puts up a link to the website - then again, if it's in the text of the post, I don't think it will screw up. I could be wrong and overly paranoid, but the website is here:

Jaye Patrick

Yes, it looks dweebie and amateurish, but, hey, I am dweebish and an amateur at webdesign. I'm leaving it alone now, stepping away from the HTML editor...

One day, when I grow up and get over this 'writing' fetish...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your website still sets my firewall off into launching wild EEEVIIIIL SIITE signals and closing the net connection.

Jaye Patrick said...

I don't know what to do about that, any suggestions?