Sunday, October 29, 2006

Arcane

Yesterday, I mentioned Mercury in Retrograde and what it meant. I can tell you, it's going to be a long haul to November 17 when the planet is no longer retrograde.

I was expecting a delivery of furniture yesterday and spent most of it disassembling and shifting furniture from upstairs to the garage, from downstairs to up and generally making room. As you can guess, no delivery. The delivery guys were supposed to call me, instead, it was explained, I was supposed to call them - Friday's conversation letting me know of the arrival of said furniture did not include a phone number, merely the comment that someone would contact me with the delivery time. No, they've gone for the day, no, they don't work on Sunday, nor Monday, given them a bell on Tuesday or they'll call you. Riii-ght.

Today, I did some more furniture shifting, decided to hell with it and sat down to watch a DVD. Nup. The player wouldn't recognise the DVD. Get back to housework.

Sister turns up - as she does every Sunday - to do her laundry. One and a half loads later, the washing machine stops; normal service, I think, ain't resuming anytime soon. No clicking, no buzzing, nothing but a malevolent orange light telling me that electricity is, indeed, getting through. I've had the beast for fifteen years, so it's obviously time for a new one.

I'm not going to ask "What's next?" Coz, I don't wanna know. I'm not going to rant and rave because shit invariably happens.

It's irritating, frustrating and... nothing to get stressed about. Yet. I shall do my calming exercises and hope for the best.

In the meantime, short story to be posted tomorrow, if, of course, the stars align just right to offset Mercury...

No comments: