Sunday, June 17, 2007

WTF...?

I've been trying to get the website to show the excerpts I have. I don't know whether it's because I haven't visited in a while, but not one .pdf file is coming up. Worse, it shuts down Explorer, with an error message.

Fed up and unable to see why nothing works, I've changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox. I had no idea Explorer was such a slug!

It didn't fix the problem, but instead of being tossed, it loads a blank page, which is more convenient (if you know what I mean). And the pages load faster; I should have done this sooner.

Anyway, I'm planning on studying the issue - none of the html code changed, so I'm at a loss to explain it. I'll figure it out - I haven't worked hard on these WIPs just for readers to get a blank page. Besides, it's taken me a long time to learn to share (insert pout here). Solutions and ideas are welcome.

3 comments:

Bri said...

Sorry it's not going well with the pdfs - but congrats on moving to Mozilla. I heart firefox, and I hope things start to work out.

Pandababy said...

Jaye, when I tried to open one of your excerpts I got a screen message that said something like 'this document does not use the same version of ?pdf reader you have open. please close the active pdf and try again' (so I closed Acrobat Reader 6 and tried again, and I got the same blank screen you mentioned - I use firefox browser).

I don't know if this gives you any info that is helpful. Good luck hunting down the gremlins.

Jaye Patrick said...

I've got no idea what the problem is; all of the pdfs are Acrobat 7.

At least I know it's not my HTML formatting, though how to fix it remains a mystery.

Maybe I should convert them again and reload.