Friday, June 15, 2007

Mooch

Bit of a moocher day; didn't get a lot done, but it feels like it.

I took myself off to a genealogy fair today. It was small, but the hobby is a growing one. I picked up some magazines and some cds with information on them. I'll have to find time to go through them now. My brother, who lives in Denmark, has been doing some research as well and keeps tossing me little tidbits to look up.

While in the local town, I also picked up some font software. This is important because I've just finished surfing the gnarly waves of the internet searching for photographs for the trilogy I've just edited. I can now do the covers, covert the first three or four chapters to pdf and post them on the website - either tomorrow or Sunday.

And it's still raining. Three inches in twenty-four hours; not alot? It is for the drought-stricken countryside. The problem, normally, is that the ground is so hard from baking under the Summer sun, that too much rain runs off into the creeks rather than soaking into the ground. Not so this time. The heavy downpours are frequent, with enough space between showers for the land to suck it up. Yay!

To give you an idea, the five-year June monthly rainfall average is 41 mm, just under two inches; this month, so far, my area has had 160mm, or just over six inches - and the month is only half over. And yes, it's expected to rain into next week. It shouldn't be long before the flood warnings are in and already chapter ideas are swirling around.

All grist to the mill: bring it on La Nina!

No comments: