Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fixed

I think I've fixed the links to the Jaye Patrick website where you can download three more excerpts. It works - for me at least - if you right click the image and save the link.

These three were written during last year's Nano. I'm now working on the rest of the list... but, ahm, should a writer post excerpts from the first book they completed?

First books are notoriously ba-ad; more enthusiastic than technically brilliant. I don't think I've read The Saracen's Apprentice since I completed the second draft and I hesitate to do so now. It's more a reminder of where I started than an icon of first effort brilliance; though I thought so at the time.

Makes my eye twitch and my ears burn just thinking about it.

The Last Mile has a different problem. I had the good sense to print it out a couple of weeks before my old computer curled up it's toes in an almighty crash. The technician was great, but this was the one file that failed to be copied. So it's on paper, not the computer and I'll have to retype it. On the plus side, I can edit as I go - it's a matter of motivation.

Hmm... tomorrow is short story day, so I'd better get to it.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Gah! There's been a lot of computer crashes lately. Mine, PBW, yours. That right there is why I'm seriously thinking of saving my pennies and getting a Mac when I can afford one.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. My very first story that I wrote seriously was so hilariously bad that I had tears rolling down my face.

Jaye Patrick said...

We've all got to start somewhere... but, gee, sometimes, we writers start off in a really painful way.

What seemed like a good idea at the time...