Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Holidays

School holidays start on Friday and I fully expect obnoxious teenagers to be running rampant around the neighbourhood.

Vandalism increases as does anti-social behaviour whenever they're let out of school. I figure the kids are bored or resentful about being dragged away from their friends to a quiet, but beautiful place. Not a lot to do here during winter.

But... Shrek the Third starts on Thursday and I'm so there! Yeah, I could have driven into town to see it a month ago, but the local cinema is much more comfortable and there isn't an aisle right down the middle (which idiot thought that up? Don't they know about the 'sweet' spot for film viewing?).

I fully expect to enjoy it and be in a good mood for days.

The new story, Ambassador Demon, is up on The Takeaway. Have at it.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Ooh! I wanted to see that movie! I missed out on it. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD. Enjoy the movie, and try to think of the funny stuff when some brat teenager starts smarting off.

Enjoy the movie, and good luck with the teens.

Bri said...

I read your post a few days ago about the community group and the developers and wish you the best of luck. All along our interstates, they pulled up all the really old trees and beautiful shrubs and threw up tons of hotels, but our little suburb is hasn't come under their eye yet.

I hope you get to keep your home the way you like it. And I've heard good things about Shrek 3 - a friend of mine saw it and adored it.

Have a good weekend!

Jaye Patrick said...

Thanks. I have to confess to certain amount of trepidation; I'm not a political animal and every time I've dipped into that murky pool, I get labelled a radical - which I'm not.

Maybe I'll keep to the background and direct instead...