Saturday, November 25, 2006

Twitch

I think I've spent too much time bashing away at the keyboard: I've developed a twitch under my left eye.

Still, five days to go and I'm powering along nicely. I'm still wondering whether I'll get to my own personal goal; it matters not if I don't make it, of course, but it would be nice to wake up on Friday morning and think, 'hey, I wrote three books in a month, how about that' then go back to sleep.

Hah! It'll be more like, 'thank the Goddess that's over with, now get your sorry butt outta bed and to work!'. I should have planned for a nice day off, but no, I didn't.

My rewards have yet to turn up, but I'm hoping they will next week so I can spend the weekend catching up and indulging myself. The lawn needs mowing, I need a hair cut, the house work needs doing... and a list of neglected chores as long as my arm.

No wonder my eye's a'twitchin'

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

I think 10K are not out of the reach for me. :)

Which would give me a nice headstart into that project; and Nano kicked a habit of writing every day in that I had lost somewhat after the time off last year after my mother's death.

So, no holiday Friday for me, either.

Jaye Patrick said...

One of the best parts of Nano, is that encourages people to get into the habit of writing every day.

As a writer, it's a useful habit to have...