Thursday, November 23, 2006

Slow

After a ten k day yesterday, I've slowed significantly. I sometimes find it difficult to regain the momentum, but I don't stop, simply slow down for a day or so, then pick it up again.

Of course, I don't really have that luxury if I want to make my target.

There would be no shame if I missed the goal, I've done really well in this challenge and late in Nano, I begin to wonder if it's all been worth it, why I do this to myself, and why don't I take a damned day off?

The answers are: yes, because I can't resist a challenge, and if I want to become a professional at this, and I'm going to come up against almost impossible deadlines.

Today hasn't been a complete loss. I've done nigh on 3,000 words and managed to read some of the free e-books from PBW's Challenge. Reading those works have left me a little shy about my own work, because the ones I've read are so damned good. Risque, adult, intriguing and wanting more.

There is one I've hesitated at reading: I'm not a fan of Christian inspirationals. However, I made a promise to read them all and so I will. If it's squiky, I won't list it.

And that's the plan: to list all those that are terrific; my favourite choices, though be warned, some of them are erotica.

Okay, then. I was meant to post a short story over at The Takeaway, but this close to the end of NaNo, I'm going to beg off. But I'll be posting two stories in two weeks, so that will be a bonus.

I'll try not to be seduced by the Sci-Fi Channel which starts here next Friday... but I can't guarantee anything...

No comments: