Thursday, November 09, 2006

First challenge done

Book one is done, and I'm happy with... most of it, I guess. There'll be some serious cutting, rewriting and editing, but the storyline is strong.

Thank the Goddess I tossed the outline. It's very liberating for me do so; I find structured writing constricting and I promise to try never to be lured into writing an outline again.

Trying to conform isn't my way, I understand that now, and yes, I can be as thick as two bricks about it.

Each author must find their own way in this creative world, and mine is as an organic writer. I want to find out what happens next as much as the characters do, and I'm blessed with the characters coming to me fully formed before I even start to put finger to keyboard. I've also practiced very hard to have fast typing fingers. If I didn't, I'd never keep up with what's happening in my worlds!

Tomorrow begins the second book for Nano, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be pissy at work until I can get at least a couple of thousand words down. Since it's Friday, I'm hoping the boss will turn a blind eye to the manic typing coming from the next room. At least I'll be appearing to be busy to the customers that drop by!

No comments: