Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hard Work

I think I've hit the second week wall. It was a hard slog all day. Some parts went well; others, I had to sit back and sit, or do something else.

The house benefitted from my puzzling out problems, so that's a plus. I also had a reasonable word count, but I'm far from satisfied.

I'm back at work tomorrow and I don't want the word count to drop; then again, maybe I should stop putting pressure on myself.

The other side of the argument just stepped up to the plate: I love what I'm writing and resent any interruption.

But... the books will get written whether I do it in November or December. Alternatively, I have the wherewithal to finish them this month if I stick to the loose schedule I've made! Of course, we all know what happened to the outline, so who's to say I'll stick with the schedule?

It's a good thing I'm a Gemini; I can explain away the schzophrenia! Or I can simply blame the muse, who's just got up from the corner and is coming out fighting. She's already got book three in mind, with a post-script for the fourth person.

Sometimes, I exhaust myself.

No comments: