Saturday, November 18, 2006

And it rolls on...

I'm done with book two until it comes time to edit.

It's a more well-rounded book with humour as well as action; and I like the characters more. That makes a difference. So does writing when I'm tired - there's less wondering if it is right and more control by the characters themselves.

Sure, they looked at me sideways with the motocross bike, but, they shrugged and carried on. (I think Justin liked the idea, and Winter just went with it as a new experience.)

No such fun in the first book, and I doubt there'll be much humour in the second; it doesn't suit either main character. Perhaps some droll humour from Nathan.

Humour is one of the tenets of the Lord of the screenplay, Joss Whedon, and we all know how well it works for him.

I guess I'm going to have to let the characters find their own way; it's always best during NaNo, otherwise you write yourself into all sorts of things the characters simply wouldn't do.

Twelve days to go and 70k to write; 5833 words a day to make that. Hmmm... doable, if I want it to be. And I want it.

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

5833 words a DAY?

Well, there must be some crazy people out there to make me look normal. *grin*

Jaye Patrick said...

Yes, there are crazy people out here (look at zette's word count, for example).

But a challenge aint a challenge unless you set a goal.

Will I make it? Ask me on December 1!