Sunday, November 19, 2006

Temptations

Are all over the place, trying to lure me away from the keyboard. Poor thing, the 's' and the 'l' are now starting to disappear. 'N' is half gone and there's a bit missing from the 'k'.

Yes, my name is Jaye and I abuse keyboards.

But back to the temptations - please, don't sing! The siren's call of PBW's challenge book and the challengers, the latest JD Robb, Artemis Fowl, the fact that I really, really need to get some exercise before my butt is too large for the chair..., cable tv, the new mobile phone I want to play with, are all vying for my attention.

Unfortunately for them, the writing of the third book is going damn well. So well, I'm resenting having to turn the computer off to go and sleep, or work, or shop, or whatever.

Should my reward for this month's work turn up, I know I shall be doomed. All those anime dvds? Gah... I hope they don't arrive until December 1.

When I'm in this mood, it's best to stop writing in the middle of a sentence, so it's easier to pick up where I left off. And that is another tip on how to keep going when you're a) not sure you want to and b)get stuck.

No comments: