Thursday, November 18, 2010

Discoveries

Well, I guess that proves it: it takes more than two days to write a battle scene. I ended up with a body count of more than a hundred, but less than two hundred.

I also discovered a nastiness.

It's funny how you're typing along to what the characters are doing and saying, then come to the same, shocking conclusion they do, when they do. And that's what I love about organic writing: the discoveries along the way.

There is no way I could have come up with that solution if I'd planned it - and, of course, it made a bad situation worse for all involved.

After this book, I think I'll give my characters a rest for a while, at least until the end of the month, heh, heh.

More fighting tomorrow, but on a different battle field. I think I'll wrap this book by the end of the weekend. Yay!

No comments: