Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A dark and...

It was a dark and stormy night... No, really! It was dark - coz it was night - and it was stormy, with a howling, intermittent gale and sweeps of heavy rain and hail rattling against the windows; bright flashes of lightning and disgruntled thunder mixed in with pounding surf made for an interesting dark and stormy night.

We're promised much of the same today. Fortunately, we didn't lose power.

I also managed to catch a mouse. I thought it the smart bugger that's been plaguing me. Five minutes after setting the trap - again - snap! one less rodent. But this morning, the second trap lay empty of peanut butter without going off. I guess I caught the dumb one.

The rellos arrived yesterday - a couple of hours early - before I could get the parent ready. (She doesn't like that and it tends to increase her stress, which leads to... well, she doesn't like being caught off guard.)

They're here for a week. Needless to say, work has ground to a halt; but I have high expectations that some will be done because I can't see them mooching about the house - there's lots to see and do that I've already seen and done.

For now, I'm getting back to the review I'm trying to write, before the relative arise for the day...

No comments: