Friday, August 13, 2010

Articles of interest

I can say, officially, that I've started my CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!! Yeah, it's August, but if you see something a sibling, niece, nephew or parent might like... why not? I'm jes sayin'.

Anyway, Writer's Digest has a most excellent article on The 10 Commandments of Fiction Writing by Raymond Obstfeld. Number one is 'Take Yourself Seriously' and the reasoning will probably resonate with most new authors - published or not.

Number two, 'Act like a Professional'. This one should be obvious, but...

The next eight are equally as illuminating.

Also of interest in this edition is: Five easy tips to strengthen your scenes by James Scott Bell.

Found this too: Best writing advice in ten words or fewer and 11 Plot Pitfalls - And How to Rescue Your Story From Them by Laura Whitcomb.

So now, I'm off to watch the Ravens and Panthers... Yay! Football season!

No comments: