Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Strained patience

A little over two weeks to go until World con and there's still no program. I'm a just a wee bit annoyed about this. I want to organise a schedule for myself so I can maybe see other things in Melbourne. I've been patient, but... really? No program? What's up with that?

It could be my anxiety levels are rising - I'm trying not to poke and prod at my work, to fiddle and adjust and maybe delete or add. I have to convince myself it's not the end of the world if none of the agents/editors are interested, no matter that it will feel like it. I may have a hissy fit and readers on Scribd might just benefit...

It's been eleven years since the last Worldcon in Australia and it's a good time. I went in 1999 and felt overwhelmed by choice - gathered my wits enough to get a book signed by Elizabeth Moon, did short story critiquing with Gerald Nordley, saw some anime, heard Terry Pratchett (a marvellous speaker, but I don't like his books) however, the rest seems like a blur.

This time, I have a plan... which I can't implement without the damned program!

Sigh. I need to relax and plan my trip to the Victorian hatches, matches and dispatches to hunt down my Victorian relatives - it's an opportunity I ain't gonna miss. I'm flying in at an unspeakable hour of the morning and the opening of Worldcon isn't really until the afternoon. Plenty of time for lattes and research.

No comments: