Monday, August 23, 2010

Now I can plan...

The Aussiecon program is now posted, so I can sort out what and whom to see. Go, look and be jellus!

There's the 'work' stuff, Pitching the Novel, Editing the Novel, How to Review, The Secret Life of Literary Agents, but there's room for the fun stuff, too, Why Australia is More Horrifying Than Anywhere Else - you know, our weather, the many poisonous and deadly beasties, Vampire vs Zombie Smackdown! - oh, yeah (I wonder if LKH will be mentioned?), The Baen Travelling Slideshow - ooo, shiny, In conversation with the likes of George RR Martin, Robert Silverberg, Kim Stanley Robinson, Jonathon Strahan, Seanan McGuire, Whores and Virgins - yes, well..., and who knew Mary Poppins was written by an Australian? I didn't. But do I want to know more?

Then there's the Dealers Room and Fan tables and Koffeeklatsches, I could go on - there's so much to chose from - but I need to stop being a squealie fan-girl and look at the program objectively.

And I need to get my shit together to take stuff down. Even if they don't look at the work, I'll count the convention a success if a) I get business cards, b) learn new stuff, c) laugh - it's all about having a good time as well as making contacts.

3 comments:

Michelle in Colorado Springs said...

Why Australia is More Horrifying Than Anywhere Else sounds like fun. I will be going EEEEE!!!! loud for today ans I go over what all is going on and tomorrow I will start planing on times and so on.

Jaye Patrick said...

It's gonna be a busy long weekend for those of us going, but hey, someone has to do it!

Michelle in Colorado Springs said...

Plus there is the whole going to see stuff in Melbourne part.