Monday, January 29, 2007

Time Management

Not when I'm writing - that is too anal for me.

Work. The day job. The stuff I get paid for, if only for another two weeks.

Time management. Gaaahhh! I've got to write down everything I do, how long it takes and what, if any, money is involved. Of course, it takes time to write all this shit down. And I'll have to do this up until the day I leave.

How could they do this too me? When can I get some gnarly surfing done?

Trying to balance how many minutes against punching in and out is a nightmare for someone who's mathematically challenged like I am; it's why I write rather than do sums.

Twenty seconds for this phone call, an hour for that banking run, thirty minutes for a particularly curly customer problem; it's all too much I tell you... and it's only just started. I've already put on the log sheet more hours and minutes than I was actually there, according to my timesheet...

Damn, I work hard. All that multi-skilling and being in two places at once. Who knew? I'd like to say it couldn't get any worse, but the auditors might be reading this.

Doomed. I am so doomed. I think I'll do what the bank clerk suggested and fill in five, ten, fifteen minute blocks rather than the seconds. I've never had to do this before and seconds seems a little unreasonable.

Yeah, that's the way to carve out surfing time. I knew you were good for an idea... Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! That's what we're here for! (Ha ha.)

But seriously, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.