Thursday, January 04, 2007

Playtime

I've got some photos from my new camera that I'm going to post here; but not until the weekend.

I think I've got it worked out... mostly... kind of... I'll get to reading the destructions eventually. I'm still having fun with it; sigh a new toy.

And that's the thing, isn't it? You get a new toy, you gotta play with it. I don't care how old you are, or what gender, you've gotta play until something goes awry and then out comes the instruction manual.

It's no longer the sole domain of men (where not asking for directions is) to play with nifty electronic or electric devices.

I know many women who secretly love their electric drills, power saws, screwdriver sets, hammers. Men have held sway over repairs and building for too long, I say, and women have finally found out why: it is fun! Over-the-top, what-can-I-drill/saw/screw/bash-next fu-uu-un!

Um... yeah, cool, but back to the point. On other blogs, the authors have posted pikkies of pets, work spaces, sunsets/rises, family members, themselves, just about anything you can point a camera at.

I'm going to as well. This place where I work, where I live, has some stunning wildlife and scenery, so I'm gonna share.

Look for them tomorrow or on Saturday; look for a new story, too, over at the The Takeaway.

I am going to post one story every month, rather than every three weeks, and it will be up the first weekend of the month. I gotta get back into the writing rhythm - these breaks suck...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got pictures of my dog on my site to "host" a page or two, so I know exactly how you feel.

Jaye Patrick said...

Gonna put the dog up over the weekend; maybe my workspace, too.