Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The boss returns

For two and a half glorious months, the boss has been away - surgery to her ankle - and we've had some of the bigger bosses down from Canberra to make sure we don't get up to anything.

Sadly, the boss has returned and we have to make an effort to look busy (as opposed to looking busy but surfing the 'net).

I don't suppose it will be too bad: she has an office on the next level and has to be careful when using the stairs.

What is wrong with the boss? She's a chatter, that's what. She can chat to anyone -doesn't matter what deadline the victim might have, she'll be oblivious - for an amazing amount of time. It wouldn't be so bad if the gossip was interesting, but it's not; it's stuff I have no interest in. At all. Ever.

I'll suck it up now and move on:

I have exactly one month left at this job; after that, who knows. Will the aforementioned boss be able to save my job? Dunno. Not caring much at the moment either. It either happens or it doesn't and I still have the rest of the contract to fulfill.

Ack! Thankfully, I have a day off tomorrow; I think I need it (feeling totally off since the Dallas Cowboys managed to throw away certain victory!!! I couldn't believe it! Really! Of all the times to fumble!)

Not happy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. My boss isn't a chatter, I mean the general agrivation at work sometimes. It's not that it's bad work, it's just that some of the other workers (read as most of the other workers) don't work like their supposed to and I have to make up for it, which makes for a very stressful time, especially when I'm stressing over getting into college in the near future too.

Hope things work out in the future.

Jason

Anonymous said...

By the way, I tagged you. If you want to do the "Five Unknown Facts" meme, then you can. Check out my site if you want to see mine.

Jaye Patrick said...

Love to do it, but I don't have a link to your site.

Anonymous said...

www.freewebs.com/jason_rayburn

It was linked in my name.