Friday, January 19, 2007

Starstruck-lettes

It's been overcast the last couple of nights; actually they've been storms that block the horizon and then evaporate before reaching the coast... so no comet sightings.

Tonight's forecast is clearer. My sister's kids are arriving soon and I hope to show them the comet. It will be exciting for them both; their first comet sightings. One is thirteen, the other is five.

I also think I've sorted the camera problem; it's amazing what you can find in the how-to booklet that came with it!

As for the rest of what I wanted to post, it just made me tired. The arguments about Iraq and extra troops (won't solve the problem), the accusation that Russia has sent anti-missile batteries to Iran (just re-name Russia, Contrary-land) will boost Iran's arrogance and may provoke more confrontations, the pillock, Sheikh Feiz Mohammed and his hate messages (stay in Lebanon, you evil little prick)... all require more effort than I want to expend on a Friday.

So, I'm ignoring it all for the chance at something spectacular in the skies above this wide, drought-stricken land... McNaught's Comet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaye, just stopping by to say Hello. Talk to you soon ~

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's better to just put it out of your mind. There's way too much crap to stress over and still enjoy life.

Jaye Patrick said...

You're right. This weekend, I'm simply enjoying the kids and two of my sisters.

There's no point in borrowing trouble, or getting pissed off at other people's actions... at least, not this weekend.