Thursday, January 29, 2009

The rule of three

As we all know, disasters come in threes. You have doubts? I present to you the evidence:

Yesterday, I broke the garden trimmers - it's now in two pieces; maybe it's fixable and maybe it ain't. Blew up the lawn mower, too. I understand that the belch of blue smoke does not bode well for repairing. The fates are obviously in a winter of discontent. I switched on the teev to watch the news with my morning coffee today and lo, the Red Screen of Death!

Yep. No picture and only the voice of a newsreader reading the Russian news... in Russian. Killed the television somehow. It's deader than the road kill up the street that's been lying squished under the summer sun for two days. (It remains unidentified - maybe Cletis knows.) Mmmm... fragrant...

But, with all things bad, sad or disappointing, there's a positive side. Er... I can't quite think of one for the trimmers; it means the lawn will go without a hair cut for a few more days (with the weather peeps predicting the heatwave to continue for another ten days I figure long grass will protect the roots - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) and the television? Why, I guess a new one is in order. High Definition, digital, large. Definitely large.

As for the road kill... nope, can't think of anything good, especially for the beastie now pancaked on the road and cooking fast.

I'll think positive about tomorrow; maybe three interesting things will happen. Fingers crossed!

No comments: