Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's been a big weekend for family - that is, they're here.

I don't care what anyone says, I cannot write/edit with children looking over my shoulder, demanding "what'cha ya doin'?" I get resentful if I'm only checking my e-mail. I think it's to do with the uninvited invasion of my space. I love them all dearly, but sometimes....

Anyway, I did nufink. Tomorrow, I may be more fortunate given most have now gone home.

In more... odd... news, this week the Elvi descended. The what? I believe 'elvi' is the collective noun for a group of Elvis impersonators. Four hundred are currently whooping it up in Parkes, in central New South Wales. I can only imagine what the locals think!

Sadly, my record with the American Football continues with the defeat of Okalahoma, Tennessee and Carolina. What's up with that? How can I be wrong on so many occasions? With the next two games, I'm not going for any team, that way, I shan't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Pandababy said...

Is there such a thing as 'anti-luck'? Your football record of losses reminds me of our anti-luck with camping. We could pitch our tent in the desert in the middle of summer and it would rain.

Jaye Patrick said...

Lol! Anti-luck! I'm not even thinking of the games next week.