Sunday, February 01, 2009

Not so good

Yes, it's been a few days - sorry about that - but I'm still hacking up some gruesome stuff (I don't think I'll go there, it makes me slightly nauseous thinking about it).

The good news is the joint aches have gone, I don't have a sniffle (didn't get one, in fact), but there's still the wicked cough. From my research (the internet can be a dangerous thing), I have a lower respiratory tract infection - in the bronchials.

With lots of fluids and rest, I should be fine in a couple of days. This heat and humidity doesn't help - who wants to dress warmly to keep away the draft at night when all you wanna do is run around nekkid to keep cool? And there's an image I'm sure you didn't need!

Oh, and antibiotics won't help because it ain't that bad. Death's door I tell you... Death's. Door! Yeah, you guessed it: I don't do 'sick' very well. But, jeez, I want to hunt down that mongrel who coughed on me!

More fluids, more paracetamol, and suckin' on lozenges. Should be as right as rain in a coupla days.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Get to feeling better! I hate being sick, but with the weather changing so quickly around here on the East coast, it's hard not to.

Jaye Patrick said...

Thanks, Bri. Doing much better.

Stay warm over there!