Friday, February 13, 2009

Let's try this...

I've been a little distracted this week. So distracted, I've had to re-write one scene five times and it still doesn't seem right.

Technical reasons, continuity reasons, cliche reasons, men-in-black reasons and just plain dumb-ass reasons. My characters are getting a little tired of trying different routes to get to the end point. I don't blame them, they want to wrap everything up and live happily ever after. Me, I gotta torture them one last time to reach the word count and the ending.

I need to crack the fundamental barrier to my two protagonists getting together. And it's not so easy when the scene that brings them together is, well, sucky. Maybe the sixth re-write will be the one...

* * *

On the subject of the Victorian fires, the people of Australia have raised more than $AUS 75 million. It's an incredible total and I hope the money not only goes to those who need it, but towards paying for the burn-offs of bush debris during the Winter so this doesn't happen again. (But that's a button I really don't want to push at the moment, except to say that burn-offs aren't "a threat to bio-diversity".)

Okay, back to work...

No comments: