Saturday, February 09, 2008

Summer? What Summer?

Now, you see? It's Summer. SUM-MER! So why is it 14 degrees Celsius and bucketing with rain?

I don't mind the cold temperatures - I'm a winter baby, after all - but I do mind having my work interrupted by the backyard flooding - twice! The current rainfall pattern is an inch an hour this morning, and on top of the rain we've had in the last week, it's no longer soaking in.

I've been out in mah wellies redirecting the flow of water, using a broom to sweep it down the driveway and hoping the new drains can cope. It's guarranteed the previous, single, inadequate drain would not have coped at all and the bottom level would be awash.

It's making me paranoid and I cannot work with one ear listening to the heavy rain, wondering if I should just check downstairs.

Ah, well, there's always tomorrow. Oh, look, the rain's heavier, time to go.

No comments: