Sunday, December 02, 2007

Resistance is futile

Having written the words 'The End', it was actually quite difficult for me not to head straight back to the computer on Saturday morning.

It's what Nano is about, really: getting writers into the habit of writing. But I resisted the siren's call.

While I did housework (mowing the knee-high lawn, cleaning the kitchen, defrosting the fridge...) ideas kept popping up and where I could do edits. It's hard not to drop everything and race back, to be seduced into doing... stuff. And it would be wrong.

Stories need to sit and catch their breaths too, you know.

And yet, here I am on a Sunday evening, pounding away at the keyboard again.

I tell you, this writing gig is addictive! And there's no cure. Nope. None at all.

Later on this week, I'm going to plunge into some short stories to appease the Muse. She's vengeful - especially after Nano. And the inner athlete wants more, too - the beeyotch.

Something good may come of it; I'll have to wait and see - and wonder, yet again, why I do Nano every year.

No comments: