Sunday, December 30, 2007

In Other Worlds

While entertaining the rellos this weekend, I've been putting together a book of the short stories from the Takeaway.

The plan is to post In Other Worlds onto the new website I'm building. Added to this will be the full, third draft version of Huntress.

"But wait! There's more!" As a bonus, In Other Worlds contains three new stories.

All this is planned for January 1, and I'm going to take down the stories from the Takeaway. That doesn't mean anything other than "I'm taking the stories down". More will be posted as scheduled.

I've left a number of the stories out - presumably, I'll be putting together another one when there are enough. Though since I'll be in Europe in May 2008, this means no story-a-day marathon. I'm working on getting around that - I love that marathon.

Okay then. This is all dependent on my getting the website done in time. I have Jason over at Scribbling of a Madman to thank for the idea. He has a freebie on the blog attached to Freewebs and this is what I'm using - it has to be better than the current one.

On that score, I'll post a link to the new site when it goes live on the old site.

I'll let y'all know. (There's lots of American Football on the teev tomorrow - how can I not watch?)

3 comments:

Jason said...

Good luck, Jaye. I don't know how much of this you know or not, but the best template (and maybe the only) is the Waveform template on Freewebs, if that's what you're making your site on. All I did was mess with the css on the site and it worked for me.

It took me a few hours to get it right, but, then again, I'm also kinda addicted to the internet, and I kept finding things to change/make better, ha ha.

Good luck, can't wait to see it.

Jason said...

Sorry to post again, but if you need a loooong list of colors and their CSS codes, here's the address I use: http://www.somacon.com/p142.php

Jaye Patrick said...

I have virtually no idea how to change the css at the moment except on a hit and miss trial.

So I'll try the website you've given and see how I go.

Thanks, Jason.