Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Off and running...

No swelling, not much of a black eye and only a little discomfort today, so I started the May Marathon.

Usually, the first story just appears in my head, this time it was tougher and took me all day.

Because of the time difference, I'm also a story behind. Since I feel better - ice packs are a wonderful thing - I'll try and write two tomorrow.

I need to find my creative place; some of the generator prompts are really out there. They should be the easier because ideas simply pop into my head, but not this time. I'll chose two prompts and let them stew overnight, that will make the writing go smoother.

I'm determined to have another thirty-one stories by the end of the month. It's not just about the amount of stories, it's also about the quality and I'd better be on my game for this challenge. No weiner stories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm terrified of needles so your ordeal would probably make me need a change of underwear, but I'm glad you're feeling better.

As for the stories, it sounds like a lot of fun. (and for some strange reason the term "weiner stories" had me laughing very loudly.)

Jaye Patrick said...

Thank you, Jason, I'm not a fan of needles either.

"Weiner stories" are the obvious ones. I like surprises, or twists on the expected, eg, when a story prompt says "a fence plays a significant part in the story", why not use the metaphor of fence sitting instead?

It's all part of my eee-vil plan. When I think of it, I'll let you know.