Sunday, May 06, 2007

Caught up

I managed to write two stories yesterday and visit with two of my sisters and one sister-in-law (with kids). Not bad going.

It turned out easier than I expected: My Canberra sister doesn't see my local sister and in-law as often as I do, so I let them visit; the kids were set up with a DVD and happily spent a couple of hours entranced by Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (the animated version) and the always entertaining, Monsters, Inc.

Yes, they're my DVDs. I see nothing wrong with getting in touch with my inner child - temper tanties excluded.

This gave me a few hours to happily write away without feeling of guilt, as if I was neglecting family. Of course, I put in an appearance to make the obligitory coffee and tea, but on the whole, they were happy to sit on the balcony and enjoy the fabulous Autumn day and each other's company.

For now, it's back to the grindstone - the aforementioned rellos having left this afternoon.

No comments: