Tuesday, May 08, 2007

All done

I had my stitches out today; all seven of them.

It’s still painful; the cut is just at the edge of my eye socket, so any pressure hurts. Note to self: don’t poke it and it won’t hurt.

Good news though: all of the cancerous cells are gone. All that concerns the doctor now is the scarring. Me, I’m not that fussed really, but I’ll use Vitamin E and bio-oil – when I find it – to lessen the scar.

I’m just relieved that, in covering the wound for the night, I won’t be sticking my lower eyelashes to the plaster any more and it won’t stand out like dog’s balls when I’m out in public.

Though I still have to wear a plaster at night, it won’t be bulky. During the day, with stitches bared to all, I looked like I’d come off second best in a brawl. Hah, hah. As if.

If nothing else, the curved scar will make an interesting conversation piece.

No comments: