Friday, May 01, 2009

Well, that sucks

Ech... sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

First up, I slept in. And while snoozing away, unwilling to leave my nice warm nest, the dog got up and promptly fell down the stairs. Her eyesight isn't so good and she took a mis-step right at the top. So I leapt out of bed to make sure she was okay. She was. Embarrassed, but okay.

Next up, the computer and lo, I discovered the broadband had been on all night; no telling what evil little bugs got in. Then there was the urgent download from Microsoft... that turned out not to be so urgent after all.

Then there was the laundry to do and the accidental blocking of the outflow pipe... sigh. Time for the clean up.

Since that took time, I managed to be late to work. Worse, a colleague of mine died yesterday quite suddenly and so I created a special edition of the newsletter I produce. Then there were the copies that took me way beyond the end of the day. I didn't mind. Daphne was special. To the Museum and to the staff.

But... on arriving home, I found the evening repast way behind schedule, since my aged parent wasn't listening when I gave instructions.

Now it's late - not time-wise - but in starting the Forward Motion Story-A-Day Marathon. So here I sit, writing this and plotting a short story. I like to think I can finish a sucky day with something positive, but don't count on it...

3 comments:

buygold jewelery online said...


Buy Diamond Jewellery Online online with a wide variety of collections in India. Explore buymyJewel’s best collection of diamond earrings, necklace, rings etc. at affordable prices

Gemstelecom said...

vitesse internet Gemstelecom high speed internet provider offers. Let's help you choose the best high speed internet

hims said...

https://www.edpharmacy.club/health/telehealth-for-a-healthy-handsome-you-hims/