Saturday, May 02, 2009

Slow start

It took me all day to write two thousand words.

I'd write a sentence or two, then get up and do something else. Not because I was distracted by bringing the laundry in, or making coffee, or lunch, or watching the teev or getting the papers, but because I couldn't think of what came next.

It all came together in the end, but it sure as hell took a significant amount of time! Much to my frustration. The generators are throwing up some real twisted prompts that require some deep thought to... defeat without violating the intent. Of course, it's the twist at the end that's causing the most difficulty.

Still, it's not all bad news, it's early in the story-a-day marathon, and I'm confident things will improve, be it in style or in creativity. Because that's what I like about the marathon, it gets the creative juices flowing.

I may be out of practice - given I missed last year - but practice will improve my skills, so take note young Padwans! Practice your craft, you must, if your destiny you will find.

Tomorrow will be better. If I chose something tonight, I can think on it overnight; that's the plan anyway...

No comments: