Friday, August 10, 2007

Spring is sprung

Sadly, Winter appears to be over and the Spring winds have arrived. I wasn't done with Winter yet; no 'damn, I'm tired of the cold', no 'I want warmer weather' and no 'bring on Summer'. Nope. Just cold one week, and mild and breezy the next.

I'm a little cranky about the whole thing because Spring brings on hayfever... either that or I've a late winter cold. I'm thinking hayfever; no hacking cough, no headache, just that irritating nose tingle and sneezing. What that means is I'm going to be snotty for an important meeting next week; way to make an impression.

The hayfever I get is bad enough to be annoying, but not enough for the tough medication that dries everything out so badly you feel desiccated. I know I get vaguely disturbed when others have a cold or worse in a meeting.

Ah, well, maybe it will have gone by Wednesday. If not, I'll take the damn moisture-sucking stuff. I think I'll have a pity party in front of V for Vendetta - the language V uses is simply beautiful, so lyrical; I love it. Makes me think I can do so much better with my writing. Maybe I can learn through osmosis. Whatcha think?

No comments: