Tuesday, August 21, 2007

AFK

Yep, like that’s a surprise. Actually, I’ve been sick for the past few days; as in horribly, gut-wrenchingly, muscle-strainingly, strength-sappingly, tear-producingly, awfully – is that enough yet? – sleep-deprivingly, on-death’s-door, mortifyingly, migraine-thumpingly – okay, you’re right – sick.

The worst is over, but, like most people who get sick, motivation to do anything is at zero and glowing self-pity, about 110 percent. A good wallow in front of the teev, bundled up warmly, is therapeutic in my book.

I think the worst of it is that I kept thinking about CSI and House in the physical aspects of being ill; how the muscles react, the endocrine system, what goes on in the stomach when it doesn’t like something... Too much information? Sometimes, an overactive imagination is a torturous thing.

I don’t get sick often; in fact, the last time I felt this bad was in 2000 after eating bad fish. Woeful, I was, positively woeful; a real misery guts.

Then, I missed a day of classes; this time, I missed my two-year anniversary for the blog. No big deal, because it reminds me of my objectives and how much I’ve failed in reaching those objectives. I have to do better. I have to get my shit together and do better.

Just because I’m still a bit wobbly, is no excuse. Tomorrow is a new day; maybe my motivation will improve. It reminds of that pithy little aphorism: I finally got my act together, and now I don’t know where I put it. Or: My get up and go, got up and left.

No comments: