Monday, August 27, 2007

Pressures

I've been busily working on this political stuff - admin work, media releases, letters, petition page counting, signature checking - and it's not left me a lot of time for my work. I haven't read a book for over a week! And how pissy am I about that?

I haven't been at this very long and I can already see a time when I'll have to say enough is enough. I want to help these people, but there is a limit and that limit is when it affects the other stuff I do.

The problem, of course, is that we're all a bunch of part-timers trying to do full time work. And that means, I'll have to create a strategy for recruitment so the work can be spread around. Isn't that a paradox! To have more time for what I want to do, I have to give up time to work on the strategy. Then again, I can always say 'nuh, don' wanna do this anymore' and that leaves it to others.

I won't do that; not yet.

Still, I'm determined to have a story done for Wednesday, regardless of the time pressures; and I know just the one. Now all I have to do is carve that twenty-fifth hour from somewhere...

No comments: