Thursday, August 24, 2006

New Project

I've been considering an idea that relies on my... er... questionable art skills.

On the side bar are the books that I've written, but yet to publish, so far. My idea is to create covers for those books and post the first chapter or two in a .pdf format for people to read, and if they feel it necessary, critque.

Of course, what I have in mind for each book will, no doubt, be light years away from what is actually posted, but as I've said before, I'm a writer, not an artist. Simplicity is the way to go.

I'm not afraid that others will nick my ideas, those are a dime a dozen and no-one can deal with the idea in the same way as I do; nick the concept yes, but write the book I've written? No. Weblogland is all about getting out there, and that's what I'm going to do.

Look for the previews in the next few weeks. (And yes, that includes my very first, wincable effort.) You've got to be brave in this business, and I'm learning how to be just that: brave.

No comments: