Friday, August 04, 2006

Challenge within a challenge

Further to Paperback Writer: PBW's E-book Challenge, I visited PDFOnline for a look at the .pdf freeware.

It's good, terrific, in fact. I uploaded a file and the software converted it to .pdf and sent it to my e-mail account. I opened the file and read the story without any problem whatsoever.

Next, I downloaded the freeware and tried it out. If you have Word, there will be a PDF icon on the bar, click on that and the whole process is done for you.

The document came up easily.

So, come All Hallow's Eve, I'll be posting a story, or, indeed, a novella free of charge for those who wish to read it. I've not yet decided on what to post - be it old or new.

For those of you who visit, you can challenge me. You choose what genre the work will be in; you choose how long (though I'll time to write it if it's too long) and what it will be about. How's that?

If there's no comment by the end of August, then I'll chose something.

Post your suggestions in either the comments or e-mail me.

Another story will be up over at Jaye Patrick's Takeaway sometime over the weekend.

No comments: