Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cover Me

Apropos Paperback Writer's challenge, Sheila has put up a cover for the novella she's posting for us; free of charge.

Of course, this sent a few challengees into a bit of panic. Did we have to do covers, too? Gaaahhh...

I'd like to say: "But I'm a writer, not an artist!!". I can't. I did a few years as a desktop publisher and designer. Sigh

My loins girded, I set to in creating an appropriate cover. It took me about three hours to do two. They turned out okay, but not really what I wanted. I decided that I would talk to one of my artistic sisters. Hah! S. is going to read the story I'm planning to enlarge by about 20k and she will create a couple of covers for me to choose from.

I'm such a squib, but... whatever works! I'm looking forward to seeing her visions of my work. It's exciting for both of us.

I might even post a couple of examples when they're done.

No comments: