Saturday, August 19, 2006

Happy Anniversary

A day late (and a dollar short), heh, heh, but it's the first anniversary of this blog.

When I started this blog, I figured it would be a good place to diffuse some inner angst and to bitch about stuff that burned my wick; stuff that may not be politically correct, stuff that others around me would be shocked about, stuff that I feel deeply about and bugger everybody else.

I've done that, and I'll continue to do that.

Some posts, I've winced at later and wondered if it's too much information, too nasty, too opinionated, too sappy, too squick or too confrontational.

I've decided that it matters not. Sometimes, there are like-minded lurkers; sometimes, there are not, but they are polite enough not to say so.

This is a diary for me; I've never really written in a diary, it was too easy for others to find and snigger over. This blog, however, means I have to think more carefully about what I write. I like that.

And I have no plans to delete it any time soon. What blogging has taught me, is that no matter how I might get smacked by the Karma Fairy, I can always ease my way by writing about whatever takes my fancy. I like that; I'll continue.

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Happy Bloggiversary.

Jaye Patrick said...

Thanks, G. I'm looking forward to the next year. What will change, I wonder?