Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Interesting articles

Have been posted on Backspace - the Writer's Place.

The first is by Dr Stephen Hendlin, Ph.d., titled: No Success Like Failure. It gives a brief description of why writers sometimes never make it. It makes you think; okay, it made me think.

The second article is by author JA Konrath, he of the Jack Daniels fetish, and is on what you can do to make your book signing an outstanding success, or, as successful as it can be.

Mr Konrath also has an interesting post from Monday that bears reading. FYI, I think the e-mailer was simply looking for an excuse not to succeed - see the first article I mentioned. It's unfortunate that the writer also tried to lay a guilt trip on Mr Konrath, who genuinely tries to help aspiring writers.

As a number of published authors will tell you, take this advice, or not; this may or may not work for you; find what does work for you. Simple. Blaming someone else for your own inadequacies is tacky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished Konrath's article on book signings and GAAAAAH! do I really really want this?

Only if I can have the fantasy. The reality sounds like too much work ;)

Jaye Patrick said...

I'm with you, Doug. Then again, if we want our work out there...

I'll decide when I'm published, I guess.