Thursday, May 04, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's all go here at Casa Del Patrick. Between my day job, the story marathon, vet visits for my arthritic dog and looking after an aged parent, I'm not having a lot of time left to do anything else - like read.

But I no complain. The first is frustrating, the second exciting, the third worrying and the fourth... hmm... interesting. Parents have such wonderful tales to tell about their formative years... They're an inspiration. While I'd like time to squeeze in a book or two, this month that aint gonna be possible.

Oh. Weekends to ask? Well, that's shopping, housework, visit from the sister. All up, I have Sunday morning free and that is for sleeping in or surfin' dem cyberwaves looking for treats. And I'm not a night owl.

Curiously enough, I like it this way. I like order; chaos makes me crazy if there's too much of it.

There is, of course, the occasional day off, but that, too, is planned. Jesus, I can be anal, can't I. Anyway, today I sent off an application to attend the Medieval Feast at Conflux 3. At conventions, they're pretty popular, so I'm hoping to get a ticket. Yep, singular. Just me. And I can misbehave as much as I like, mwahaha!

In the meantime, I have a story to write. I think this time, I'll go the superhero route, with a few detours on the 'super' bit. I'm turning this into a comedy. I fully expect after the story is done, that inspiration will hit for the next story. May is a long month, so the creative juices had better be flowing. I don't want to rely on the story generators, but I will if I have to - they're such fun.

Hmm... what's a good name for a superhero with no idea?

No comments: