Saturday, March 04, 2006

Shifted

I've spent my Saturday moving furniture. Yep, the monster desk arrived yesterday and today I unloaded two bookcases, moved them, the computer stuff, the filing cabinet, the table the computer was on, the stereo and my beloved collection of dragons. I've also stained the desk hutch that will sit on the monster.

Some days, I wish I had a significant other to help shift stuff, but hey, I moved it myself and it's done. All I have to do now is wait for the hutch to dry, move it into position and I can stop procrastinating and get on with fling words around. Since the desk has a keyboard draw, I bought myself a wireless keyboard and mouse, so there are now no excuses.

If I ever have to move house... well, let's not create any nightmares. I'm smug and satisfied with the new look of my office. Uh, actually, there is one more thing I need: a chair. Not new, thank you, but a wooden one to match the desk unit. I'm patient though, I can wait until I see one, rather than dashing out and purchasing the first one I see. I searched for two years for the right desk, I can wait for the matching chair.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm ready to get back to writing. I have a book to finish and there's no time like the present.

No comments: