Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Reviews

Over at Holly Lisle's Forward Motion Community, the March Challenge is on.

I don't do many challenges during the year, mainly the May Story-a-day marathon and the Novemeber National Novel Writing challenge. This month, however, it's book reviews. It's a new area of the site that I applaud, especially since books are becoming expensive to buy and various publishers are busy pimping unworthy novels.

The good thing about this challenge and new area is that fellow readers can give their opinion of what's out there.

In this global market, for example, it means that a US or UK published book can be ordered by those of us on the other side of the world. Sure, we gotta wait, but with a good review, it can be worth it.

For me, personally, I read a lot of books during the year. The side bar is actually less than what I would read in a year. That's because of work, both the real life stuff, plus writing/editing my own. And as you know, writing a novel is no easy, simple or short term thing.

So. I'm actually going to add to my workload by getting involved in the challenge. I don't know what my first review will be, but since I'm a 'pip' hog, and I'm reading it now, it will probably be Micah by Laurel K. Hamilton.

I wonder if I can review one of my own?

No comments: